"Man fears time, but time fears-- THE PYRAMIDS."
[Actual quote from the super tacky Sound and Light show the Pyramids put on every night...]
I've been hearing horror stories about the Giza Pyramids for a few months.
They're not even that big.
You'll be attacked by men trying to scam you and take your money!
It's too hot!
I didn't like them... they were underwhelming.
While all of those things may or may not be true, my personal Pyramid experience was one for the books.
It was PERFECT.
The weather was the coolest it had been for weeks. I never once broke a sweat or needed water and there were dozens of clouds dotting the sky- that's right- clouds! In Cairo!?!!
We went on a Friday and late in the afternoon near closing time, so there were barely any people there, tourists and merchants and camel drivers alike. Who can beat having a tourist attraction like the Pyramids all to yourself??
We had a nice, long camel ride and paid a decent price for it too. The only downfall was that one of the camels was rabid, but that's another story for another post. Oh, and my crotch hurt for 3 days- riding those things was terrifying so I must have had a death grip with my thighs trying to stay on. Man, was I soooore.
I think they size of the Sphinx and the Pyramids was just right. The 4th grader inside me who once dreamed of seeing the Pyramids in real life could not have been happier.
Alhamdulillah.
Here's the fun we had:
Good weather, good times, and good friends, what more could we have asked for??
Here's to more adventures. Cheers,
M.









I thought Time fears Chuck Norris. Maybe I've been misinformed.
ReplyDelete