The ho-ho's in Egypt are the best in the world. I don't even like ho-ho's in the States, but here, I can't seem to get enough.
We teach the 3-6 year olds at our Church and I need to start writing down the funny things they say. Last week all of them proclaimed that their favorite food is candy. We will get along well this summer, kiddos.
I love the call to prayer.
I've started to use Shokran and Insha'allah and other common Arabic phrases in my everyday conversations.
Speaking of Arabic, I know the entire alphabet, and I can write a bunch of words on my own.
I chose my outfits based on how much I will sweat that day. The conversation in my head goes a little like this,
"Hmmm, the high is only 98 today. I want to wear my white shirt.
But I should save my white shirt for a day when it's going to be over 110 because I know I'll sweat a bunch. I could wear my grey shirt today, and then tomorrow when it's scorching I'll wear the lighter one since I don't want everyone to see my sweat marks".... since I do sweat. A lot. A whole lot.
According to a scale that may or may not have been broken, I've lost 8-10 pounds so far. And I don't think I have a parasite, but who knows at this point, eh?
I saw multiple families having picnics and parties along the Corniche the other night. At 1am. Those kids should have been in bed 6 hours ago in my book... but not in Egypt. No one ever sleeps. Which is why I'm awake at 2am, writing this useless blog post.
Cheers!
M.
pee-ess... the Question+Answer post is on it's way, stay tuned!
I am sad because I haven't commented on your blog yet. I forgot to "follow" it. Bad, Jenna. Bad.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you're enjoying yourself and your Egyptian "ho's." L.O.L.
i'm so glad you love ho-ho's in egypt! you need some disgusting American food to tie you over until you can be re-united with ben and jerry's and me watching movies together. i love you!
ReplyDeletei'm impressed with your Arabic skills! When you get back from Egypt and I get back from Spain we should converse in our new tongues. yes?
I love and miss you!