“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

Friday, June 11, 2010

Have you been to the Red Sea lately?

We have good friends in Cairo.


Some of our good friends have access to a condo, 10 minutes from a private beach, at a swanky stretch of the Red Sea.
Only 1.5 hours from where we live in Cairo.

We are lucky.
I even conquered some serious fears and I went snorkeling (twice!) in the OCEAN. The OCEAN people! And I lived to tell this tale.




Part of the complex- and the first green grass we've seen in all of Egypt!


Megs and Andy, our first night at the beach.

Egyptians don't wake up for early morning beach days apparently.  We were the first! 

Pre panic attack.  I was so scared! 

Post panic attack.  Round 2!!!  The weather was so nice, the water was SO CLEAR, and the reef was amazing, and the fishies were more curious than scared of us.  I love to snorkel.

On our way home after some baking in the sun!  Thank you Heiss's!!!!!

We loved every second of our quick trip!

We are leaving tonight to take a night train (Darjeeling Limited anyone?!) to Luxor, Egypt and then stopping for a night in Hurghada on the way home- that's right.  We're going to the Red Sea AGAIN. 

Le sigh... It's a hard life.

We love Egypt, and we love all of our friends and family and stranges that read our little travel blog. 
Leave us some love through comments- anyone can!!! 
Do it, I know you want to.

From your little Mermaid (<-- that was for you Chels and Carolee.)
M.

5 comments:

  1. This sounds AMAZING! I'm loving this blog because I can live vicariously through you all! LoL

    Keep enjoying yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute new layout!!! I am so proud of you for snorkeling! I bet it was amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for snorkeling!!! The Red Sea is gorgeous! I giggle every time someone asks me if its red... cuz its so not. lol. I'm glad that none of the fishies ate you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah. So jealous. Looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete

talk
like
an
egyptian