“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Our week goes a little something like this.

Here's how it's done in Cairo:

Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday= School days!  It's just like in the states, the work week schedule just starts one day earlier. 

Here's where it really gets weird....

Friday= the day of Prayer in Egypt, therefore, on Sunday's, us Christians and Muslims and all faiths alike attend our respective Churches and worship services.  It is a mind trip, and I'm still trying to get used to going to Church on Friday morning.   

Saturday= totally normal!  At least we can always count on Saturday's to be Saturday's wherever we go in the world.

Crazy, huh??  It is still so weird to me that when I get out of Church on Friday morning, the weekend is only just begun!  I kinda like it. 
I could get used to this.

Cheers-
M.

1 comment:

  1. That is weird huh?! Whenever my aunt emails on Friday and says she just got out of church i'm always like "What the?....." But then I remember lol.

    ReplyDelete

talk
like
an
egyptian