“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Alexandria, Egypt

We took a day trip to Alexandria on Saturday. 
I don't have alot to say about it, except that next time I go, I will NOT be touring with a group of 50+ white people, I will spend time exploring the city, and I am definitely going to hit the beach and eat fresh sea food. 

We spent most of the day on a tour bus and although we did vist a couple historical sites (including the Alexandria Library, pictures not included.) I feel like we didn't get a real taste of the city.

That being said, here are some pictures of our first adventure in Alex.


Playing at the Sea.

The Roman Theatre.

The Citadel of Qaitbay.

Out one of the windows of the Citadel of Qaitbay.

p.s.  On a brighter note- the best falafel and hummus and food in general I've had in Egypt= in Alexandria. 
I've begun to drool just thinking about it!

2 comments:

  1. OHHHHHH Falafels and Hummus!! My mouth is watering!! Alexandria is a place i wanted to go but noone else did. It would have been to much of a hastel. They used to have a lighthouse there, but it burnt down. tear.
    The food there is SOOOO good. Everything is fresh. fresh is how I like my food (and my men, but you didn't hear that from me). They use lots of fresh DILL.

    I am so hecka jealous right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever Mern we ALL wanted to go but Uncle Adel wouldn't get us a cab for the day! I'm jealous you got to see it Megs!!!

    ReplyDelete

talk
like
an
egyptian